Community engagement training using a Council’s own Community Engagement Framework
Staff from Officers to Managers from almost every Department across the organisation
The aim this training staff was that staff have a greater awareness on: What Community Engagement is; the Glenelg Shire Council Community Engagement Framework (Think, Plan, Do, Evaluate and Tools); gaining the basic skills and knowledge to assist with a consistent approach to Community Engagement projects across our organisation.
- Two face to face workshops were delivered two weeks apart
- Each session was delivered three times owing to numbers of staff participating
- Sessions were custom designed to suit Council’s own policy direction and documentation
- Sessions were practical and theoretical. Case examples from Glenelg Shire were used to highlight less desirable practice and the benefits of planning engagements using the Community Engagement Framework.
- Sessions were interactive with participants exposed to a range of learning environments that modelled engagement practices.
- Staff worked on and progressed a number of live engagement projects through the training
As a result of the training 100% of attendees agreed that their knowledge of community engagement; they felt able to participate meaningfully in the training; and they better understand how community involvement can improve Council decision making.
This training is able to be delivered to your organisation or a group of organisations by contacting us here at Liminal by Design.
Participants listed training highlights as providing them with:
- Community engagement tools and ideas for consultation to be more inclusive
- The hands-on practical activities and relating them to work-based current scenarios
As a result of this training participants felt:
- Better informed to design, deliver and evaluate a consultation program
- Competent to incorporate evaluation into the actual engagement process
They stated that Chad (who designed and delivered the training) was…..
- A subject matter expert highlighted by the styles of delivery
- Fantastic, full of wisdom, encouragement and creative ideas